Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Śrīla Prabhupāda's presence
Sloka of the day
lābho jīveta yāvatā
nārtho yaś ceha karmabhiḥ
Life's desires should never be directed toward sense gratification. One should desire only a healthy life, or self-preservation, since a human being is meant for inquiry about the Absolute Truth. Nothing else should be the goal of one's works.
What is Vanisource?
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda's complete teachingsVanisource is the collected teachings of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda, including all the books, lectures, letters and conversations. This is a wonderful facility to read and study Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings online. Vanisource serves also as a reference for Vaniquotes and the other petals of Vanipedia. Vanisoucre can be accessed via the different sections below and also via the list of Umbrella Categories.
- Letters From Śrīla Prabhupāda's Secretaries and ISKCON Officers
- A Second Chance: The Story of a Near-Death Experience
- Beyond Birth and Death
- Beyond Illusion & Doubt
- Civilization and Transcendence
- Dharma: The Way of Transcendence
- Elevation to Kṛṣṇa Consciousness
- Gītār Gān
- Journey of Self-Discovery
- Kṛṣṇa Consciousness, The Matchless Gift
- Kṛṣṇa Consciousness: The Topmost Yoga System
- Kṛṣṇa, the Reservoir of Pleasure
- Life Comes from Life
- On the Way to Kṛṣṇa
- Perfect Questions, Perfect Answers
- Quest for Enlightenment
- Rāja-Vidyā: The King of Knowledge
- Teachings of Lord Kapila, the Son of Devahūti
- Teachings of Queen Kuntī
- The Laws of Nature: An Infallible Justice
- The Path of Perfection
- The Perfection of Yoga
- The Science of Self-Realization
- Transcendental Teachings of Prahlāda Mahārāja
Srila Prabhupada Speaks Around the World
♫ - 1976 Lectures and Conversations with Audio - 382 hours of audio in 703 audio files - ♫
♫ - 1977 Lectures and Conversations with Audio - 236 hours of audio in 385 audio files - ♫
You can now listen while you read statements from Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures, conversations, interviews and morning walks, all organized thematically by date, location and subject.
Adding Scans of Śrīla Prabhupāda's Letters
- We are placing the scanned images of the original letters to the Vanisource pages of Śrīla Prabhupāda's transcribed letters.
- We are inviting volunteers to read, verify and correct the Vanisource transcriptions for fidelity against the original scans. Please contact us if you would like to help.
Adding Audio to Lecture and Conversation Transcriptions
- We are uploading the audio files to the Vanisource pages so that hearing and reading of Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures & conversations can be done simultaneously.
- The 1976 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 382 hours of audio in 703 audio files
- The 1977 audio has been uploaded - with a total of 236.25 hours of audio in 385 audio files
- This project is ongoing and its completion is dependent on the Bhaktivedanta Archives releasing the other years. The next release will be the audio from 1975.
Creating New Categories for Vanisource
- We have begun the process of linking all Vanisource pages to relevant categories to make navigation easier. These new categories will also be used as resources for the timeline of Śrīla Prabhupāda's life.
- Letters sorted by person
- We have indexed letters in order to access those written to each person.
- Lectures sorted by verse
Adding Śrīla Prabhupāda's Original (1962-1965) Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam to Vanisource (processing)
- Between 1962 and 1965 Śrīla Prabhupāda published the first canto of the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam in three volumes. The first volume has been added and we expect to have added all three by the end of 2014.
Content to be Added Soon
- See the section 'Coming Soon' above.
Creating 1080 Video Clips of Śrīla Prabhupāda's Audio Messages
Collaborate with us to create multi-language subtitles for 1080 - 1 to 15 minute audio clips translated into your language by Śrīla Prabhupāda's Vyasa Puja festival by Vyasa Puja in 2014.
Who is Srila Prabhupāda?
Authorized and empowered
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda is a self-realized, pure devotee of Lord Kṛṣṇa. While physically present among us he shared the essence of Vedic knowledge liberally and without prejudice. His only desire was to fulfill his spiritual master's desire – to introduce the process of Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the world.
Śrīla Prabhupāda showed us the importance of living life according to the directions given in scripture. He spoke and wrote profusely so that many may have this guidance in life, and he wished that every person on the planet had the opportunity to read his books now and in the future.
Śrīla Prabhupāda translated and commented on over fifty volumes of ancient Vedic scripture before his physical demise on November 14, 1977. His authority to write, and to teach and train students in the science of self-realization was given to him by his guru, Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Gosvāmī Mahārāja (1874-1937), who came in the disciplic succession from Lord Caitanya Mahāprabhu (1486-1534), Himself an incarnation of Lord Kṛṣṇa. Śrīla Prabhupāda founded the International Society for Kṛṣṇa Consciousness, ISKCON.
Related website: Vanistore
- All material by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
- Images copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, and The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust International, Inc.
- Compilation copyright © Bhaktivedanta Library Services a.s.b.l.