Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Śrīla Prabhupāda's presence
Sloka of the day
janayaty āśu vairāgyaṁ
jñānaṁ ca yad ahaitukam
By rendering devotional service unto the Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, one immediately acquires causeless knowledge and detachment from the world.
What is Vanisource?
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda's complete teachingsVanisource is the collected teachings of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda, including all the books, lectures, letters and conversations. This is a wonderful facility to read and study Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings online. Vanisource serves also as a reference for Vaniquotes and the other petals of Vanipedia. Vanisoucre can be accessed via the different sections below and also via the list of Umbrella Categories.
Books published within Śrīla Prabhupāda's lifetime
Translations with Commentary
Books Published Posthumously
Śrīla Prabhupāda Speaks Around the World
♫ - 1975 Lectures and Conversations with Audio - 323 hours of audio in 563 audio files - ♫
♫ - 1976 Lectures and Conversations with Audio - 382 hours of audio in 703 audio files - ♫
♫ - 1977 Lectures and Conversations with Audio - 236 hours of audio in 385 audio files - ♫
- In Vaniquotes you can now listen while reading Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures, conversations, interviews and morning walks - feel his presence, feel his mood. To date there are over 2200 pages with clips available and we are aiming for 5000 by the end of 2014.
- Collaborate with a team of 200+ devotees from 62 languages to create multi-language subtitles for 1080 - 1 to 15 minute audio clips translated into your language by Śrīla Prabhupāda's 50th Anniversary of arriving in the West on the 4th of October 2015. Find out the details of the project and check out our current results of 7,400+ subtitles for the first 650+ videos.
- We are placing these videos on YouTube, in our Vanimedia Channel and they can also be accessed via themes.
- We are inviting volunteers to attentively listen to Śrīla Prabhupāda and, while reading, to check the transcriptions for accuracy. This project was launched on the 19th of April 2014. As of the 11th of July 2014 23 volunteers have proofread 277 files and 3,342 missing words and 3,356 edits have been entered into Vanisource. Explanation is given here here
Audio to Text Fidelity Project
- We are inviting volunteers to listen to and proofread all of Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures & conversations.
Adding Scans of Śrīla Prabhupāda's Letters
- We are placing the scanned images of the original letters to the Vanisource pages of Śrīla Prabhupāda's transcribed letters.
- We are inviting volunteers to read, verify and correct the Vanisource transcriptions for fidelity against the original scans. Please contact us if you would like to help.
Adding Audio to Lecture and Conversation Transcriptions
- We are uploading the audio files to the Vanisource pages so that hearing and reading of Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures & conversations can be done simultaneously.
- See the section 'Śrīla Prabhupāda Speaks Around the World' above.
- This project is ongoing and its completion is dependent on the Bhaktivedanta Archives releasing the other years. The next release will be the audio from 1974.
Creating New Categories for Vanisource
- We have completed the linking of all Vanisource lecture, conversation and letter pages to relevant categories to make navigation easier. These new categories will also be used as resources for the timeline of Śrīla Prabhupāda's life.
- Letters sorted by person
- We have indexed letters in order to access those written to each person.
- Lectures sorted by verse
Added Śrīla Prabhupāda's Original (1962-1965) Srimad Bhagwatam with PDFs to Vanisource
- Between 1962 and 1965 Śrīla Prabhupāda published the first canto of the Srimad Bhagwatam in three volumes.
Content to be Added Soon
- See the section 'Coming Soon' above.
Creating 1080 Video Clips of Śrīla Prabhupāda's Audio Messages
Collaborate with us to create multi-language subtitles for 1080 - 1 to 15 minute audio clips translated into your language by Śrīla Prabhupāda's Vyasa Puja festival by Vyasa Puja in 2014.
Who is Śrīla Prabhupāda?
Authorized and empowered
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda is a self-realized, pure devotee of Lord Kṛṣṇa. While physically present among us he shared the essence of Vedic knowledge liberally and without prejudice. His only desire was to fulfill his spiritual master's desire – to introduce the process of Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the world.
Śrīla Prabhupāda showed us the importance of living life according to the directions given in scripture. He spoke and wrote profusely so that many may have this guidance in life, and he wished that every person on the planet had the opportunity to read his books now and in the future.
Śrīla Prabhupāda translated and commented on over fifty volumes of ancient Vedic scripture before his physical demise on November 14, 1977. His authority to write, and to teach and train students in the science of self-realization was given to him by his guru, Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Gosvāmī Mahārāja (1874-1937), who came in the disciplic succession from Lord Caitanya Mahāprabhu (1486-1534), Himself an incarnation of Lord Kṛṣṇa. Śrīla Prabhupāda founded the International Society for Kṛṣṇa Consciousness, ISKCON.
Related website: Vanistore
- All material by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
- Images copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, and The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust International, Inc.
- Compilation copyright © Bhaktivedanta Library Services a.s.b.l.