Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
CC Madhya 8.254
- ‘sarva tyaji’ jīvera kartavya kāhāṅ vāsa?’
- ‘vraja-bhūmi vṛndāvana yāhāṅ līlā-rāsa’
sarva—everything; tyaji’—giving up; jīvera—of the living entity; kartavya—to be done; kāhāṅ—where; vāsa—residence; vraja-bhūmi—the land known as Vrajabhūmi; vṛndāvana—the holy place named Vṛndāvana; yāhāṅ—where; līlā-rāsa—Lord Kṛṣṇa performed His rāsa dance.
Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu asked, “Where should the living entity live, abandoning all other places?” Rāmānanda Rāya replied, “He should live in the holy place known as Vṛndāvana or Vrajabhūmi, where the Lord performed His rāsa dance.”
According to Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (SB 10.47.61):
- āsām aho caraṇa-reṇu-juṣām ahaṁ syāṁ
- vṛndāvane kim api gulma-latauṣadhīnām
- yā dustyajaṁ sva-janam ārya-pathaṁ ca hitvā
- bhejur mukunda-padavīṁ śrutibhir vimṛgyām
Uddhava said, “Let me become one of Vṛndāvana’s herbs and plants that are trampled by the gopīs, who gave up all connections with family and friends and decided to worship the lotus feet of Mukunda. Those lotus feet are sought by all great saintly persons expert in the study of Vedic literature.”