(Redirected from BG 11.26)
- अमी च त्वां धृतराष्ट्रस्य पुत्राः
- सर्वे सहैवावनिपालसङ्घैः ।
- भीष्मो द्रोणः सूतपुत्रस्तथासौ
- सहास्मदीयैरपि योधमुख्यैः ॥२६॥
- वक्त्राणि ते त्वरमाणा विशन्ति
- दंष्ट्राकरालानि भयानकानि ।
- केचिद्विलग्ना दशनान्तरेषु
- सन्दृश्यन्ते चूर्णितैरुत्तमाङ्गैः ॥२७॥
- amī ca tvāṁ dhṛtarāṣṭrasya putrāḥ
- sarve sahaivāvani-pāla-saṅghaiḥ
- bhīṣmo droṇaḥ sūta-putras tathāsau
- sahāsmadīyair api yodha-mukhyaiḥ
- vaktrāṇi te tvaramāṇā viśanti
- daṁṣṭrā-karālāni bhayānakāni
- kecid vilagnā daśanāntareṣu
- sandṛśyante cūrṇitair uttamāṅgaiḥ
amī—these; ca—also; tvām—You; dhṛtarāṣṭrasya—of Dhṛtarāṣṭra; putrāḥ—the sons; sarve—all; saha—with; eva—indeed; avani-pāla—of warrior kings; saṅghaiḥ—the groups; bhīṣmaḥ—Bhīṣmadeva; droṇaḥ—Droṇācārya; sūta-putraḥ—Karṇa; tathā—also; asau—that; saha—with; asmadīyaiḥ—our; api—also; yodha-mukhyaiḥ—chiefs among the warriors; vaktrāṇi—mouths; te—Your; tvaramāṇāḥ—rushing; viśanti—are entering; daṁṣṭrā—teeth; karālāni—terrible; bhayānakāni—very fearful; kecit—some of them; vilagnāḥ—becoming attached; daśana-antareṣu—between the teeth; sandṛśyante—are seen; cūrṇitaiḥ—with smashed; uttama-aṅgaiḥ—heads.
All the sons of Dhṛtarāṣṭra, along with their allied kings, and Bhīṣma, Droṇa, Karṇa—and our chief soldiers also—are rushing into Your fearful mouths. And some I see trapped with heads smashed between Your teeth.
In a previous verse the Lord promised to show Arjuna things he would be very interested in seeing. Now Arjuna sees that the leaders of the opposite party (Bhīṣma, Droṇa, Karṇa and all the sons of Dhṛtarāṣṭra) and their soldiers and Arjuna's own soldiers are all being annihilated. This is an indication that after the death of nearly all the persons assembled at Kurukṣetra, Arjuna will emerge victorious. It is also mentioned here that Bhīṣma, who is supposed to be unconquerable, will also be smashed. So also Karṇa. Not only will the great warriors of the other party like Bhīṣma be smashed, but some of the great warriors of Arjuna's side also.