761123 - Letter to Balavanta written from Vrndavana
Krishna Balarama Mandir
November 23 76
My dear Balavanta,
Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letters dated November 5 and 9.
I am very glad to hear how the book distribution is increasing more and more. This is our greatest weapon. The more the books are distributed, the more the ignorance of the Age of Kali will be smashed. The world is feeling the weight of this Hare Krishna Movement, especially in your country. We have to increase this book distribution work more and more to firmly establish this Movement, which is the only hope for the suffering living entities.
The plans for the new temple in Mississippi are very nice.
Upon your recommendation I am pleased to accept the following devotees for initiation. Now hold a fire sacrifice. The first initiates must promise to follow the four regulative principles and chant a minimum of 16 rounds daily, avoiding the ten offenses. You may chant on their beads. The second initiates should hear the tape of me chanting Gayatri mantra in their right ears. Teach them how to count on their finger divisions.
1st: B. Warren Oeshawn—Dvaraka dasa; Bhakta Bill Chilack—Vrndavana dasa.
2nd: Munjakesa dasa; Madanamohini dasi; Vedaguhya dasa; Hamsagati dasa; Kokila dasa; Svaha dasi; Bhusaya dasa; Brahmanya dasa.
Hoping this will meet you in good health.
Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
His Grace Balavanta dasa Adhikari
1287 Ponce de Leon Ave. NE
- 1976 - Letters
- 1976 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1976-11 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Vrndavana
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Vrndavana
- Balavanta - Letters
- Letters Giving the Names of New Initiates
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - SIC
- Letters - Signed, 1976