761030 - Letter to Srutadeva written from Vrndavana
- Tridandi Goswami
- A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
- Founder Acharya:
- International Society for Krishna Conciousness
- CENTER: Krishna Balarama Mandir
- DATE: 30/10/76
My Dear Srutadeva,
Please accept my blessings. I am in receipt of your letter dated October 14, 1976.
The Deities in London are named Radha London Isvara. Krsna is the proprietor everywhere but especially London. Yes you have my permission to sing as you have requested.
One has to be qualified to preach. It is a gradual process that one becomes sense controlled and a personal example. Preaching is not an easy thing. In the beginning one should worship the Deity and follow the basic practices. When one becomes advanced he can preach. The kanistha adhikari is not condemned. It is a comparative study. The kanistha adhikari can also achieve perfection. If one does not preach, it does not mean that he is fallen, condemned. It is not artificial, one gradually becomes perfect by association.
It is correct that the brahmajyoti is comprised of spiritual souls and that ultimately nothing is impersonal. Dead matter means forgetfulness of Krsna.
If you want to stay in Krsna Consciousness you will have to develop firm faith in Guru and Sastra. Therefore, you must study my books very scrutinizingly, follow the four regulative principles very strictly and chant 16 rounds daily avoiding the ten offenses. Don't take this movement as something cheap.
Thank you for the picture of the Deities.
Hoping this will meet you in good health.
Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
"N.B. The tulasi or whatever leaves you sent were too old and dried out when they got here. Srila Prabhupada said the test is by smelling and tasting."
- 1976 - Letters
- 1976 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1976-10 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Vrndavana
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Vrndavana
- Srutadeva - Letters
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked