761023 - Letter to Bala Krsna written from Vrndavana
:Krishna Balaram Mandir, :23/10/76
My Dear Bala Krsna,
Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated October 6, 1976.
Your report of book distribution is very encouraging. Please go on increasing more and more. Yes, you should become the topmost temple for distributing my books. This is a very good proposal. That is the only way to please me. Distribute my books profusely. That is real preaching.
The girl who has got health problems must learn to be tolerant. As long as the material body will be there, there will only be pain. Pleasure is a misconception.
Upon your recommendation I will accept as my duly initiated disciples the following devotees. Make sure that they strictly follow the regulative principles and always chant a minimum of 16 rounds, avoiding the 10 offenses. Hold a fire sacrifice and have Ramesvara Maharaja chant on their beads. I also enclose one sacred thread and gayatri mantra sheets for the devotees you have recommended. They should also participate in the fire ceremony. Their new names are as follows:
Ken Reilly—Krsnacandra dasa
Curt Halberstadt—Kunja-bihari dasa
Bryan Baxter—Varaha-rupa dasa
Craig Escalante—Kurma-rupa dasa
Debbie Escalante—Dasarathi dasi
Sheila Halvie—Syama-priya dasi
Hoping this will meet you in good health.
Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
- 1976 - Letters
- 1976 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1976-10 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Vrndavana
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Vrndavana
- Bala Krsna - Letters
- Letters Giving the Names of New Initiates
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - Signed, 1976