760203 - Letter to Satsvarupa written from Mayapur
3rd February, 1976
P.0. Sreedham Mayapur,
Dist. Nadia, West Bengal
My dear Satsvarupa,
Please accept my blessings. I beg to thank you for your letter dated January 23rd, 1976.
Regarding the examinations, the idea is that anyone, after studying the books, who wants to gain the title of Bhaktishastri, can take the exam. This is academic. Just like a brahmin with shastric knowledge and a brahmin without. It is optional — one who wants may take. The real purpose is that our men should not be neglectful of the philosophy. The examinations will begin on Gaura Purnima, 1977, not this year, so there is no reason why any of the devotees should give up their normal engagement.
So far your idea for teaching classes, this should be discussed at the GBC meeting. If it does not hamper our normal procedure then it is welcome.
I hope this meets you well.
Your ever well wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
His Holiness Satsvarupa das Goswami
ISKCON Los Angeles
- 1976 - Letters
- 1976 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1976-02 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Mayapur
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Mayapur
- Satsvarupa - Letters
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - Signed, 1976