751114 - Letter to Sri P. D. Shastri written from Bombay
Hare Krishna Land
Juhu, Bombay 400-054
14 November 75
Shree P.D. Shastri
Dear Shree Shastri,
Please accept my best wishes. I am in due receipt of your letter undated as well as your handwritten book, the Gita as it has appeared to me. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu strictly followed Krsna. That is his grace: yare dekha tare kaha krsna upadesa/ amara agajnyaya guru hana tara ei desa: "Instruct everyone to follow the orders of Lord Sri Krsna as they are given in the Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita. In this way become a spiritual master and try to liberate everyone in this land." (Caitanya-caritamrta, Madhya-lila, Chapter 7, Verse 128).
This means that Caitanya Mahaprabhu advises everyone, especially every Indian, to become a guru under His order. And when there is a question what is His order, that is explained in the next line: you simply repeat the instructions of Krsna, that is, Bhagavad-gita, to everyone whom you may meet. Therefore Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mission is as good as that of Krsna, but sometimes non-devotees misunderstand purposefully or foolishly the instruction given by Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu says that you strictly follow the instructions of Krsna and preach it to everyone. Therefore our Krsna consciousness movement is based on the advise of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to preach the Bhagavad-gita As It Is.
I hope this meets you well.
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
- 1975 - Letters
- 1975 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1975-11 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Bombay
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Bombay
- Letters to Inquisitive People
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - SIC
- Letters - Signed, 1975