750907 - Letter to Balavanta written from Vrndavana
Krsna-Balaram Mandir, Chattikara Rd.,
Ramana Reti, Vrindavan, Mathura, U.P.
September 7, 75
Sriman Balavanta das Adhikari
1287 Ponce de Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30306
My dear Balavanta das,
Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter undated with enclosed check for $500. Thank you very much. I am very glad to hear that everything is going on nicely, especially your developing your new 250-acre farm. Yes, if you can get the government to support our project, that would be big triumph for us. They are spending millions and millions of dollars trying to keep the young people from turning into hippies, drug-addicted, and we are actually doing it. So why they should not give us some support?
Upon your recommendation I am accepting the following as twice-born initiated Brahmins and their sanctified threads and mantra sheets are enclosed: Ballabadra Bhattacarya das Brahmacari and Mahejya das Brahmacari. I also accept as my initiated disciples the following and their spiritual names are: Dr. Richard Thompson, Ph.D.--Sadaputa das; Mike Dunn--Vedaguhya das; Chuck and Diana Sanders--Munjakesa das and Madamohini dasi; and Cindy Barber--Janmasunya dasi. Please see that they are chanting 16 rounds without fail. You should hold a fire sacrifice and let the second initiates hear the mantra from my recorded tape through their right ear. I hope this meets you in good health.
Your ever well wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
- 1975 - Letters
- 1975 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1975-09 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Vrndavana
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Vrndavana
- Balavanta - Letters
- Letters Giving the Names of New Initiates
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - Signed, 1975