750519 - Letter to Gunagrahi written from Melbourne
May 19th, 1975
197 Danks St., Albert Park
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Gunagrahi dasa adhikari
3300 Third Ave.
San Diego, Ca. 92103 USA
My dear Gunagrahi dasa,
Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated May 8th, 1975 and have noted the contents. Thank you very much for doing such nice preaching work there. Train our men to follow all of the rules and regulations very carefully, as well as to chant at least 16 good rounds daily and to read all of our books.
Regarding the festival on July 6th, the best thing is to simply hold big kirtan and have plenty of prasadam distributed. Generally, the public masses are not so much interested in hearing philosophy. After five or ten minutes, their attention is lost. You can speak a little philosophy, but the stress should be on kirtan and prasadam and selling my books.
I accept Sharon Swanson for 1st initiation. Her name is Sandamini. Her beads may be chanted on by Satsvarupa Maharaja. Also I have accepted Sajjane Jivana for 2nd initiation. Let her hear the gayatri tape (of myself chanting) through the right ear. Her mantra sheet is enclosed.
I hope this meets you in good health.
Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
Enc: 1 mantra sheet
- 1975 - Letters
- 1975 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1975-05 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - Australasia
- Letters Written from - Australasia, Melbourne
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - Australasia
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - Australasia, Melbourne
- Gunagrahi - Letters
- Letters Giving the Names of New Initiates
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - SIC
- Letters - Signed, 1975