750106 - Letter to Mr. N. N. Bagai written from Bombay
Hare Krishna Land, Gandhi Gram Road
Juhu, Bombay 400 054 INDIA
Jan. 6th, 75
N. N. Bagai
1185 Sector 18-G
My dear Mr. Bagai,
Please accept my greetings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated Dec. 30th, 1974 and have noted the contents. You have now got your identity card, so you can go if you like to any of our centers and live there for some time. If you like the atmosphere, then we have no objection to accept you into our institution. You should remain with us for some time, otherwise how will we know what work you are fit to do? You should understand of course, that we do not pay anyone in our society. After you have stayed with us for some time, then we shall discuss initiation, name and mantra. These things are not awarded immediately. When you take sannyasa, you can use the word svami—not before.
We are not interested in these things like hatha-yoga and swimming. We do not encourage such useless activities. We would never take to such activities for earning money. We get money enough. We don't require to adopt any unauthorized means. At present we spend 8 lakhs of rupees every month and Krishna sends all money. Our process is to chant Hare Krishna. That is sufficient.
You are welcome to Vrindavana anytime.
I hope this meets you in good health.
- 1975 - Letters
- 1975 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1975-01 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Bombay
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Bombay
- Letters to Aspiring Devotees
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - SIC
- Letters - Signed, 1975